Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One or the Other

I remember my Dad telling me when I was a young lass that "a hundred people will come for a party love, but only one or two will stay to help clean up" and that "at the end of the day, there is only you". I wrote this poem to relfect those feelings, because, it's true. At the end of the day, it is our decision to make whether we go forward or we stay and dwell in situations less fortunate. It's always better to move forward!! I have learnt that firsthand. If you can't pick yourself up, no-one else can.

"At the end of the day -there is only me!"

One of the Other

If people in life let you down - do something for yourself
Live high in crowded places or live low, there's no-one else
If you find no satisfaction from those who circle round
Breathe positive, stay standing or breathe negative, hit the ground
If you find that rock bottom is not the greatest place to be
learn from life, own your choices - learn not, cry woe is me!
If wrong turns seem unavoidable and there is nothing going right
accept blame, THEN stand in sunshine - if not - don't sleep at night
If your days are hard to face, choose the comfort of your bed
time's a gift - leave it unopened or see what it is instead
if winter's cold and summer's hot, do we wait for a different season?
brave elements simply because they are there, and have their reason.
If memories face and people leave and we're left with what we know
self belief will take you place self doubt CAN NEVER go
If you have lost direction to the highest point, unseen
give up hope - prepare to settle. HOLD HOPE - keep safe your dream
if confusion reigns and your face is pushed into inept
ask hard questions, get your answers - don't ask and you'll regret.
If your journey's long and laboured, steal all respect for life
glass half full - toast with spoon. Glass half empty - break with knife.

Bella Magic

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is great. I feel lkie I can climb a mountain after reading this. You (and your Dad) are very wise. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means so much to me that you are enjoying my poems. If it is only you I share them with, I am content. Thankyou for your compliments, they mean so much. Belle X

    ReplyDelete