Monday, April 12, 2010

Forgotten Best

I wrote this about someone who had been one of my best friends since I was 16 years old. I still care about her very much, you cannot go through the things we've been through and walk away feeling numb. However, you can walk away feeling hurt. I turned to her in my darkest hour and for whatever her reasons, she was not there for me.

If you continue to read my daily poems, you are bound to come across a few that are related directly to the person the following poem is about, which re-iterates our life as friends. I wish we could salvage the wreckage that once was the BFF yacht, but life is, and, life does, so I doubt it.

I have never shown this to her. Perhaps she's never realised just how important she was to me?

Forgotten Best

So, there it drifts around the rivers bend
and times and tides have washed away pretend.
I shall sift no longer through the fragments and the frost . .
search not shallow waters in hope to find what we have lost ..
I pause to wish you best of friendships true -
and I am sorry I was not the best for you.

So, forgotten is the beauty of the flower
it's frangrance shared through bright and darkest hour
I shall run no longer through the forest and the trees
search not tangled undergrowth, upon my bended knees.
I turn and it's with truth I set you free
and I am sorry you don't see the best in me.

So, there's times when vibrant colours fade away
from within the portraits of our yesterday
I shall paint no longer in a cold and dusty room
Search not in the shadows on a sunny afternoon
I stop and wonder if you ever knew
how hard I tried to be the best for you.

So, there's no stones to throw within the glass
there will be no role of villians cast
I shall wait no longer to audition for this part
Search not for an ending that will surely break my heart
I love and see the very best in you
I am sorry that my best will never do.

Bella Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment