Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Perfect Half

This is about being so in love and asking the "fates" why it couldn't of happened sooner . . . this was written in around 2005/2006

Perfect Half

Yesterday, return to me, you must heed my demand
Don't delay, it burns in me, this need to understand
Why fates design has kept him from these moments all my life
and now to love him there is so much I must sacrafice

Yesterday, may I steal a minute of your time
hear me say I trust and feel within it, he was mine
so many times my heart has faltered, now I understand
the winding roads I travelled were all leading to this man

Yesterday, I know I loved him, even though I know
I never knew him, but I knew that someone loved me so
I used to dream that there was someone who was made for me
a perfect half, our souls entwined, a true loves destiny

Yesterday, I never held him like I do today
and I believe that in his arms is where I'm left to stay
how wonderful it feel to love without inhibition
yesterday cannot deny my heart this full submission

Bella Magic
copywrite

1 comment:

  1. Haven't we all felt like that? You have a way of putting into words what is felt in your heart. I am loving these poems.

    Are you still writing? I only started writing again (not poems) only 2 years ago and unburied this gift that was hidden within me.

    I'd love to read some recent stuff. And if you are not writing poetry now - why not? Get to it girl. There is something amazing that stirs within us when we are being creative.

    ReplyDelete