Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Don't Dodge Deal

For Jo-anne

Thankyou for your words encouraging me to start sharing my poetry again and making me realise that even if it's only one person who reads and enjoys my words, then they were not written in invisible ink. . .I thought the following poem was appropriate in regards to me not following through on what I started. I wrote it a couple of years ago about dealing with depression and insecurity. .


Don't Dodge, Deal

Take one step at a time on this road you walk upon
Recall to mind all you've done right and not what you've done wrong
We share the guilt of bad decisions, but the worst one we can make
is choosing to repeat what you've not learnt from your mistake

In moments when you want to run, it's always best to stay
If you don't deal with your demons, they will never go away
They'll keep snapping at your heels until you're bitten with regret
Dark memories will not disappear by simply choosing to forget

Don't try and hide your darkest thoughts, stand strong and embrace them
Their disappearance is immediate, just find your strength and face them
Each new day belongs to you, don't let the darkness steal it
if your self-doubt makes decisions, may your confidence appeal it

You know, given time, things aren't always as bad as they seem
Don't waste your time on negative, save all your energy to dream
You have the power to believe and the courage to aspire,
Find the strength to find a way to acheive what you desire

It will never be an easy fight against the voices from within
your soul will bear some battle scars, but it's worth it when you win
When you're up late and lonely the inspiration to stay strong
is to remember that today's turn to tomorrow's til we're gone

Bella-Magic
copywrite

1 comment:

  1. Yay!I am so proud of you!

    Having battled with depression myself for 4 years I can relate to this poem. Keep writing and sharing.

    The thing about "blog land" is.....how many comments you get or followers you have is not a true indication on whether or not your posts are being read. You see, there are a lot of "lurkers" in "blog land" who may never leave a comment or follow your blog. But they are there reading and being inspired by your words.

    Wow! This poem is truly inspirational. You have such an amazing talent and I always feel like I can face the world again after reading your poems. That is a gift. xo

    ReplyDelete